GUIDELINES FOR ORAL/POSTER PAPER SESSION:
- Oral Award Sessions
- Pratima Kaushik Award- Clinical Dietetics/ Nutrition Award
- Swarna Padak Award- Experimental Nutrition
- IDA Award- Community Nutrition
- IDA Award – Food Science/ Technology
- IDA Pune Chapter Award – Clinical Case Presentation
- Poster Presentations:
- Clinical Dietetics
- Community Nutrition
- Experimental Nutrition
- Food Science/ Technology
- Free Communication Session
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
- The abstract should be in English, Times New Roman font size 12, single space.
- The title should be in bold letters; use of abbreviations should be avoided.
- Name of the author(s), designation(s) and affiliation(s) should be indicated using superscript.
- Presenting author’s name should be in bold and underlined; and his/her e-mail address should be given for correspondence. The affiliation(s) should be given in italics. The title should be given in Capitals.
- Sub-headings like Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusions should be in bold.
- The abstract should not exceed 250 words (excluding author’s name(s)/affiliation(s) etc).
- ‘No objection’ certificate from all co-authors should be submitted along with the abstract.
- Indicate whether the abstract is being submitted for oral/poster presentation.
- For the abstracts being submitted for awards (oral/poster) please specify the award and the category for which it is to be considered.
- The candidates submitting abstracts for oral award presentations are required to send their full paper (refer to the guidelines)
- Last date for submission of abstracts: 30th Sept. 2019
- Last date for submission of full papers for awards: 15th Oct. 2019
- Regarding the submission of full paper, please refer to the guidelines. Email the abstract(s) and full paper (where required) to email@example.com and send the hard copies to the Convener – Scientific Committee.
Postal Address: Bhavana Vaid, 29, Kasturi, 2, Silver Park, Amin Road, Rajkot
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All abstracts would be peer reviewed.
- Scientific Committee reserves the right to assign it as oral or poster presentation and will communicate the same to the authors.
Important: Review the rules & guidelines before submitting an abstract / full paper. Indicate Abstract is being submitted for Oral Award / Poster Presentation / Free communication and specify category
Guidelines for E-Poster Presentation
- The poster should be in English, Self-Explanatory and easy to comprehend.
- The title should be relevant and brief.
- Indicate name of author(s) and designation(s) and affiliation.
- The poster should include abstract, introduction objectives, methodology, results discussions, conclusion and acknowledgments. The text should be clear and concise (the appropriate font size).
- Use of photographs, diagrams and tables is desirable
- The posters should be on display from 20th December 2019 to 21st December 2019.
- The author should be a registered delegate of the Conference.
- Use the given template for making poster.
Guidelines for IDA- Pune Chapter Award – Case Presentation
Criteria: Presentation of case study
- Practicing Dietician either working in Hospitals or self employed
- Work experience of minimum 3 years (proof to be submitted)
250 to 300 words
Brief outline should include
- Title, background (about the clinical condition, aetiology, prevalence etc in brief)
- Case details – biological data, demography, consanguinity etc.
- Screening and Assessment tools used (questionnaires, recording sheets, equipments etc.)
- Standards used for interpreting the assessments
- Use of allied medical information and biochemical /diagnostic tests etc.
- Predesigned forms – Recording of the information, follow up notes etc.
- Assessments performed and interpreted
- Estimating nutritional needs and planning
- Complete Management
- Mention of medical management in brief (drug nutrient interaction
- Comprehensive Nutritional Intervention, administration of planned intervention
- Monitoring protocol during hospital stay till discharge
- On discharge guidelines /patient education
- Follow up
- Interpreting the evaluation of Nutritional Intervention
(Improvement in patient’s health and nutritional status, after intervention)
Time for power point presentation: 07 minutes, 03 minutes for discussion (question answer session)
Number of slides: 8-10.
Power point presentation to be prepared in 1997-2003/2007/2010 Microsoft version. Submitted on a clean pen drive.
Guidelines for Paper Presentation (Award and Free Communication)
- The paper should not have been presented or published elsewhere.
- The presenting author should be a registered delegate of the Conference.
- The certificate for the paper presentation will only be issued in the name of the presenting author.
- The total time allotted to each speaker is 10 minutes which includes 7 minutes of presentation and 3 minutes for discussion.
- The presentation should be prepared in English language and in Microsoft Office Power-point format.
- The font can be preferably ARIAL BLACK and size of letters can be at least 14.
- The first slide should include:
- Names of the authors (the name of the presenting author should be underlined)
- Institutional affiliation
- The main content of oral presentation should include:
- Brief introduction
- Aims and Objectives
- All sources of financial sponsorship of the study/conflicts of interest should be stated in the presentation.
- The presenting author should submit the presentation in a pen drive at least 1 hour before the scheduled time.
Points to be noted during submission of paper:
- Paper should be in ONLY MS-2 COLUMN format
- Size of the manuscript should be between 06-08 pages; including figures, tables, graphs/ charts
- Last page of the manuscript must be dedicated to Reference and conclusion